Quality Engineering Technician
- - Quality
- Beverly, MA, USA
- Full Time
Amphenol Pcd is currently seeking an experience Quality Engineering Tech for our Beverly, MA location.
At Amphenol Pcd (Apcd), we engage in the design, manufacture, and marketing of electrical, electronic and interconnect systems, and cable solutions worldwide. We produce a broad variety of interconnect products primarily for the military and commercial aerospace industry.
The Quality Engineering Technician role will be integral to supporting and directing the transaction of the RMA process and the DMR/MRB process. The position requires both external and internal customer interfacing which requires an even temperament with excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate must be well organized and should demonstrate solid time management abilities. The Quality Engineering Technician will open and track RMA's from inception to closure while maintaining and reporting performance metrics. The RMA process will also require the Quality Engineering Technician to initiate DMR's as the returned material enters our system. In regard to the MRB process the Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for issuing Supplier Corrective Actions (SCARs) and Internal Corrective Actions (CARs) per Quality or Engineering dispositions as well as transacting the discrepant material back to the supplier of origin. This position is a strong matrix role and will require strong cross functional communication.
• Assist Engineering with evaluation of material including testing, measuring, inspection.
• Under limited supervision from Quality Management, oversees duties associated with RMA receipt and Discrepant Material disposition.
• Approves issuance of RMA's to customers under engineering direction.
• Coordinates Material Review Board process. Initiates failure investigation for non-conforming material and presents data to MRB for final disposition.
• Creates analysis reports of findings from RMA's, DMR's.
• Oversees cleanliness and safety of equipment and work areas.
• Maintain RMA room in an organized manner, and perform cycle inventory of RMA and DMR material.
• Enters data into computer system to record inventory transactions in and out of the department.
• Writes and/or revises Standard Operating Procedures and material specifications through established Document Change Control processes.
• Oversees Calibration program.
• Performs shelf life materials review.
• Carries out all responsibilities in compliance with company policies, procedures, and state, federal, and local laws. Fully complies with current AS9100 practices, Lean 5S practices, health and safety regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to read and interpret Engineering Drawings, specifications, notes and industry standards
• Must be able to use standard basic and intermediate measuring devices
• Must be able to check dimensions in English and Metric
• Proven organizational skills and task management ability.
• Proven self-starter possessing the ability to complete projects and work in a team environment.
• Proven ability to initiate and maintain quality data, documents, reports, and corrective action summaries.
• Strong working knowledge of the basic Microsoft Office suite of business software; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Able to communicate and interact effectively with Planning, Purchasing, Warehouse, Inventory Control, Customer Service, Operations, and Quality personnel.
• 3+ years job related experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with Optical Measuring equipment
• Knowledge of AS9100 standards
• BA/BS degree in Engineering, Quality or Applicable science
• Three to five years of Quality Assurance, or related Quality Control experience.
• Familiarity with ERP systems.
• Have knowledge/experience with Quality tools such FMEA, Cause & Affect. RC/CA
• "Systems Level Thinking"
• Knowledge of Calibration systems
• Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
• Basic to intermediate use of enterprise software such as Macola, Win SPC and Synergy.
• Knowledge of inventory control.
• AS Engineering or equivalent, or 5 or more years technical/engineering experience.
Amphenol PCD offers a competitive salary and benefits. The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Position requires candidate to be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
Amphenol is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.