Product Design Engineer
- - Engineering
- Beverly, MA, USA
- Full Time
Amphenol PCD is searching for an experienced Product Design Engineer at our Beverly, MA location
As our Product Design Engineer, your focus will be on the design, development and quotation of our custom cable solutions.
The responsibilities will include the review of cable drawings and the development of BOMs and standard routings; generation of drawings and 3D CAD models of cable assemblies and strain relief over-mold tooling. You will also perform design feasibility studies, coordinate the production of customer and marketing samples, and develop cable assembly and over mold processes as well as injection molding tool debugging.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Assist customers to identify cable constructions to meet the electrical performances required for their assemblies
• Complete design, development, and release of new cable products and injection over-mold tooling
• Review and support manufacturing process development of new cable assembly designs
• Connect with customers to develop new and/or alternate cable design and material proposals.
• Responsible for identifying any tools required for contacts, connectors, or any other special tooling required to quote the customers drawings.
• Collaborate with sales personnel for design input, key program information, and overall customer's expectations.
Summary of Goals:
• Complete design, development and release of new cable products and injection/over-mold tooling
• Develop and improve cable assembly time standards
• Review and approve first time builds and support manufacturing to identify and resolve cable design issues
• Continuous improvement...identify it and manage it!
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Prior product design and development experience to include 3D modeling
• Read, understand and interpret cable assembly drawings
• Prior experience with developing and completing engineering drawing packages
• Project management experience
• Computer literacy with all things Office and design software; i.e. Creo and AutoCAD
• 2-5 years of experience in Product Development and/or Design Engineering
Desired Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Military and/or cable assembly production experience
• Injection molding background
• Electrical interconnect field experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
Amphenol Pcd is one of the world's leading suppliers of interconnect products for both the Military & Commercial Aerospace industry. With facilities in North America and Asia, Amphenol Pcd products are chosen by hundreds of OEMs around the world reliant on Amphenol's technical excellence, global network of distributors, and cost-effective solutions for custom and legacy systems.
Amphenol PCD offers a competitive salary and benefits. The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States as we are unable to provide sponsorship. Position requires candidate to be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
Amphenol is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
This organization participates in E-Verify.