Quality Inspection Supervisor
- - Quality
- Beverly, MA, USA
- Full Time
Amphenol Pcd is currently looking for an experience Quality Inspection Supervisor at our Beverly, MA location.
As our Quality Assurance Supervisor, you will be responsible leading a team of up to 10 Inspectors and for all aspects of inspection-associated record keeping. This includes, but is not limited to assigning work, training employees, actively finding ways to improve productivity, maintaining test equipment, and compliance with all quality requirements and procedures.
Summary of essential job functions
• Direct, assign, and train inspectors in incoming inspection, cable in process and final inspection.
• Work with operations to set priorities for inspection activities.
• Ensure that necessary record keeping is completed in a timely manner and appropriately stored.
• Assure that equipment is maintained and in calibration.
• Ensure that material is clearly identified as to inspection status, defective material documented via DMR process, transferred in ERP system.
• Provide support for the MRB process.
• Work closely with Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Prod Development/Design Engineers to create inspection processes, instructions, and work procedures.
• Suggest changes in equipment and work routines compliant with AS9100 requirements and best practices.
• Serve as liaison for source inspection.
• Ensure that incoming material certificates are properly stored and available.
• Report non-conformances to Beverly and China Quality teams and support actions and requests for information.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic computer skills Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products and Canon products is required.
• Inspection testing using a variety of hand tools and instruments
• Comprehending drawings and schematics
• Knowledge of documentation control requirements for the manufacture of cables, connectors and their related components in order to meet AS9100 regulations as desired.
• Previous supervisory experience
• Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate verbally and in writing
High School or equivalent work experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Education and Abilities
• AS9100 Auditor
• Lean/SixSigma knowledge and experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
• Associate or Bachelor's degree in a technical field
At Amphenol Pcd, we engage in the design, manufacture, and marketing of electrical, electronic and interconnect systems, and cable assemblies worldwide. We produce a broad spectrum of interconnect products and assemblies primarily for commercial and military aerospace systems. We are a company with aggressive future growth plans. In order to achieve these results major emphasis is placed on continuous improvements and excellence in the workplace..
At Amphenol PCD, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Due to the nature of our business, all candidates must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Position requires candidate to be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
Amphenol Pcd is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.