QA Inspector - Level II
- - Quality
- Beverly, MA, USA
- Full Time
Amphenol Pcd is looking for experienced QA Inspectors – Level II at our Beverly, MA location.
Amphenol Pcd is one of the world's leading suppliers of interconnect products for Military, Commercial Aerospace and Industrial applications with facilities in North America and Asia. The company designs and manufactures a wide range of products - System Attachments, Junction Modules, Relay Sockets, Terminal Blocks, Rectangular & Circular connectors, and Cable Assemblies & Adapters.
The basic function of the QA Inspector – Level II is to perform visual and mechanical inspection of incoming, in-process, QPL, and/or final inspections. The Inspector takes their direction from their direct supervisor or Group Lead.
Summary of essential job functions
• Complete mechanical, visual and electrical incoming, in-process, and final inspections for the cable assembly and existing legacy products
• Maintain Quality records using Quality data collection software or logs
• Fill out records for suspect material
• Transfer product using ERP system
• Ability to perform inspection in two or three areas of operation
• Ability to perform at an above average to above average pace
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be able to use multiple measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, protractor, depth gauge, microscope, optical measuring equipment, simple scales or rulers, tape measure, and gage pins)
• Must be able to read in English and follow procedures or work instructions
• Intermediate understanding of 2D Engineering Drawings
• Experience/knowledge with soldering such as IPC-620 and J-Stds
• Experience with use of optical comparators and/or CMM
• Experience with Macola or other Manufacturing Requirement Planning (MRP) system
• Have an understanding of a MRP (Manufacturing Requirement Planning) system and how it is used in a manufacturing environment
• Communication skills to interact with staff members at all levels
• Knowledge of Random Sampling techniques
• Must be able to check dimensions in decimal and metric
• Experience with WinSPC or other related data base entry system
• Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Communication skills to interact with staff members
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Understand and be able to read and comprehend advanced engineering drawings
• Mechanical, electrical, QPL, visual inspection of connectors and cable assembly
• Test experience with Cirrus or other related test equipment such as ohm meter or Power supplies
• IPC 620 certification
• Experience with FAI (First Article Inspection)
• Basic knowledge and understanding of ohm's law
• Knowledge of Lean techniques
• Individual QWI's
• IPC/WHMA-A-620A Requirements and acceptance for cable and wire harness assembly
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 years job related experience
• Competitive wages
• Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
• Company paid life insurance
• Company paid short and long term disability
• Matching (401k) retirement plan
• Paid holidays and PTO days
Amphenol Pcd is posting hourly wage up to $22 per hour and will be based upon candidate's required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Position requires candidate to be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
Amphenol Pcd is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.